Sunday, July 18, 2010

Life at Alameda das Sameleiras.....




So I thought I would post a couple pics of our house in Sao Paulo.  We actually live in an area called Aldeia da Serra ( I think that is how you spell it )  So up here there are 5 different neighbors/communities     and we live in one called Morada dos Pinheiros.  So here you go.....

So this is where you enter in 

 Walking the dogs.....(they aren't both ours!)  The streets actually look pretty normal- well like somewhere in the states!  I would like you also to look at that little sign next to Drew's head.  Honestly there are 10 speed bumps from when you enter the place until our house.  Brazilians love their speed bumps and I can't handle them!

So this little patch of ground is right next to our house which is a great place for Tess to run.  Notice the pine trees (for Pinheiros where we live)  Nothing beats Salt Lake Pine's though.....



                                                      So this is the front of our house....

This is my favorite part of our house.  I love our front doors!

So...... we haven't received our container yet so we are living with the bare necessities.
Let me show you are ghetto lives.....



First off, our drying system.  



Second, our means of communication to the U.S.  


Third, our air mattress. Our friends down here have been so nice in letting us borrow blankets and their space heater.



Fourth, still living out of our suitcases


Fifth, teaching Drew how to cut my hair.  It has nothing to do with our house but there is nothing like teaching your hubby how to cut your hair.  He actually did a great job though! Way to go Drew!


And there is B in his little corner.  Good set up though right?  Well not comfortable but it is good for what we have! 

I don't mean to sound like a downer because we seriously our so lucky to have our house but we really are yearning for this....



We hope you come soon!  It actually is here in Sao Paulo but we have to wait for it to get out of customs.  So hopefully we can do some magic and get it out quick.






3 comments:

The McBrides said...

darling house! Congrats on the baby girl! that is SO exciting, girls are the best!

Madi said...

congratulations on your little girl! we are so excited for you :) hope you're loving brazil. you are the best!

Danni and Brad said...

Your house looks sweet Rach! I guess I could just tell you that next time I see you :) Glad you're here my love.